Arrest warrants have been issued against BNP chairperson Begum Khaleda Zia and standing committee member Gayeshwar Chandra Roy in two separate defamation cases filed in Narail. The case was filed against him for making negative remarks about martyred freedom fighters and martyred intellectuals during the war of independence.
Judge Amatul Morsheda of Narail Sadar Amli Court issued the arrest warrant on Wednesday (February 18) afternoon.
According to the summary of the case, in a speech as the chief guest at a rally in Dhaka on the evening of December 21, 2015, Begum Khaleda Zia made negative remarks about the number of 3 million martyrs in the War of Independence and Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Sheikh Ashiq Billah filed the case out of anger over the incident. He filed the case in the Narail Amli Court on December 29, 2015 alleging defamation of Tk 1 crore.
On December 29 of the same year, Sheikh Ashiq Billah filed another defamation suit against Gayeshwar Chandra Roy for making negative remarks about martyred intellectuals at a function in Dhaka.
The Narail Sadar Amli Court judge issued arrest warrants against the accused in the case as the two cases were summoned and returned and the accused did not appear in court.
- Bangabandhu Education Insurance: List must be submitted by 18th February
- Hot start, are you eating the right food?
- Keep the bond of love intact
- ‘It’s a shame to see vaccine propagandists’
- Metrorail on Uttara-Agargaon route launched on 16 December
- 10 crore in the block market
- The companies that are at the top of the price increase on Wednesday
- The companies that are at the top of the price fall on Wednesday
- The companies that are at the top of the transaction on Wednesday
- Yangon paralyzed by protests, fears of violence
- ‘All the Prime Minister’s Men’ removed from online
- The government fixed the price of soybean oil
- Two lakh more farmers will get financial assistance
- ‘BNP did not cooperate to build strong electoral system’