Bangladesh is also among the top three countries in expatriate income in 2020. The report was released by Britain’s Economist Intelligence Unit. The company has forecast that remittances will decrease by 6 percent in 2021. The other two countries that record expatriate income are Mexico and Pakistan.
The whole economy was devastated by the epidemic in 2020. International communication was closed. Expatriate income in different countries was declining. But the picture of Bangladesh is different. According to the report of the British research organization Economist Intelligence, Bangladesh, Pakistan and Mexico have set a record in expatriate income in 2020.
According to the report, remittances to Bangladesh in 2020 came to ১৯ 1.7 billion. Where in 2019 remittances came to 1.84 billion dollars. Last year, Mexico’s remittances reached হাজার 4.5 billion. Pakistan’s remittances came to শ 2.4 billion. Bangladesh is in the third position in this list. According to the World Bank, in 2019, Mexico’s remittances were ৩ 3.9 billion and Pakistan’s remittances were শ 2.2 billion.
The report on Covid Nineteen and Migrant Remittances states that remittance inflows worldwide decreased by at least হাজার 5 trillion in 2020 compared to 2019. Last year, different countries around the world received remittances of 6,700 billion dollars, whereas in 2019 they received 61,800 million dollars. The downward trend will continue in 2021, the company said. The agency says global remittance flows fell 7 percent in 2021, compared to 5 percent during the 2009 Great Depression.
The epidemic has had a negative impact on remittance flows. However, this remittance income is one of the sources of income in many poor countries. Of the top 10 developing countries with higher remittances, remittances declined last year.
India, China, the Philippines, Egypt, Nigeria, Vietnam and Ukraine are on the list. Expatriate income in India has decreased by কোটি 600 million compared to 2019. In 2020, the expatriate income in the country is 8,590 million dollars. China’s expatriate income has declined by কোটি 900 million, while remittances have reached হাজার 5,950 million.
- Dividends were sent by Coppertech Industries
- When forced, the DU students entered
- The administration asked the students to leave the hall
- Today 20 lakh more vaccines are coming from India
- Delta Spinning’s trading resumed on Tuesday
- Two companies are going to the spot market on Tuesday
- Al-Jazeera reports: Facebook awaits verdict
- Administration in a strict position in Companyganj
- United States has shut down 24 Boeing aircraft in the United States
- At the end of the term, the work of Chittagong Elevated Expressway was not even half done
- Delta Spinners category change
- Customers are leaning towards online banking in Corona
- Agricultural loan disbursement has increased by 7 percent in seven months
- Bidding for Baraka Patenga started this afternoon
- Unilever board meeting date announced