This year’s Ekushey Padak will be given today. The award ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday (February 20) at the Osmani Memorial Auditorium. 21 eminent citizens are being given Ekushey Padak this year. Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina is expected to be the virtual guest at the event.
According to the Ministry of Culture, this year three people will be awarded Ekushey Padak in language movement, three in liberation war category, seven in art, three in language and literature, one in journalism, research, education, economics and social service.
Motahar Hossain Talukder (Motahar Master), Shamsul Haque and Advocate Afsar Uddin Ahmed are receiving the posthumous Ekushey Padak in recognition of their contribution to the language movement.
Singer Papia Sarwar, actor Raisul Islam Asad, Salma Begum Sujata (Sujata Azim), Ahmed Iqbal Haider (drama), Syed Salauddin Zaki (film), Dr. Bhaswar Bandopadhyay (recitation) and Pavel Rahman (photography).
In the Liberation War category, Golam Hasnain, Fazlur Rahman Khan Farooq and Syeda Isabella (posthumously) are receiving medals.
Ajay Dasgupta in journalism, Professor of Research. Sameer Kumar Saha, Begum Mahfuza Khanam in education, Dr. in economics. Mirza Abdul Jalil, Professor Kazi Kamruzzaman in social service, poets Kazi Rosie, Bulbul Chowdhury and Golam Murshid are getting medals for special contribution in language and literature.
The names of this year’s Ekushey Medal winners were announced on February 4.
- Noakhali’s shot journalist in the ICU of DMK
- Multinational Robi tops weekly price drop in expected ‘no’ dividend
- The President and the Prime Minister mourn the death of ATM Shamsuzzaman
- ATM Shamsuzzaman is no more
- 9 strategies for profitable investment in the capital market
- The capital market lost another four thousand crore rupees
- Shares worth less than 10 rupees on the last day
- Financial irregularities: Eastern Cables has hidden the real losses
- If you have capital, who is responsible for safe investment?
- BSEC wanted to know the information of more than 60 BO accounts
- The closing period of Beximco Synthetics has been extended again
- The capital market is closed on Sunday
- The NBR wants a budget proposal by March 7
- E-Generation transactions started on 23 February
- U behind the theft of Bangladesh Bank reserves. Korean hacker group!